WHY SUPPORT CO-OP?
The economic future of our state depends on the success of every child born today.
Parents are their children's first and most important teachers.
- Extensive research shows that nurturing, stable and protective relationships are essential for a child's brain development.
- Studies show that children whose families are involved in their education and learning are more successful in school.
- Research shows that early learning programs involving both parents and children are more effective than programs focusing exclusively on children.
Parenting lasts a lifetime.
- The early years from birth to five are critical to a child's development. Parenting and Family programs are geared to educating and helping families during these formative years.
- Community and technical colleges provide programs that allow parens to develop skills and abilities to help themselves and their children be successful.
- Through participation in college affiliated parent cooperatives, parents develop leadership abilities which are valuable as emerging skills for the workforce, stewardship, advocacy and community work.